Pages

Friday, December 25, 2015

The reason for xmas gifts

Merry Xmas everyone! I had a blast this year. I spent it at a church family's house...shoutout to Auntie Renee and  Brother/Uncle Wang Yi. So we sobered up and got serious with a question that Uncle Wang Yi had ask which was like..."what do you think of Christmas gifts and the joy of gifting?" Everyone in the group, including me, shared our thoughts with no filter..what a shock *gasps* and people were just so real, which I liked.

But seriously gifting and something I was meditating and that God placed in my heart during the discussion was a memory when I was genuinely "happy" this memory included the best gift that I received as a little girl which was so memorable.

In first grade I was a student enrolled in aftercare and I always wanted (motivated by my friend who enrolled me to do a project with her to go fishing for chocolate milk-without any fishing poles, bait, and lake-would be my fulfillment of my gift as a seven year old? My gift? My needs being acknowledged as a human being(i.e. chocolate milk, having an adventure) The McArthur Diary milk employees let us (through pleading and negotiating and having sticks which my friend and I pretended to use as poles) have milk and gave us crates and crates and crates and crates full of milk...with the aftercare staff consent of course ;). Just like how that was the greatest gift...Jesus blessed us with the greatest gift of offering himself which was being the ultimate fulfillment of our deepest needs (i.e. realization of true spiritual salvation, to be approved and vice versa, the need to feel safe in the arms of our heavenly Father, and more) through  act of the ultimate lamb sacrificing himself to the point of death on the cross, to give us life !...and we should imprint that in our minds and hearts. Be appreciative in light of all this. So friends...have/share a hearty meal, coffee break, laughs, traditions (like ugly sweater contests), and memories. Merry Xmas !



xoxo,

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment