Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2017

#2k10 versus #2k17

NOTE: there was recent edits, hash much? #wedonotmindhopefully

Flashback to Jan when I'm at larry's over in coral springs #icecream with my adopted middle sister-[Jamaican Christian fam] with her boyfriend-Kershen- after I get the corolla car fixed #stupidtransmitter #armycarmechanic. They found each other at the workplace (where they had to keep their personal and work lives separate)-similar to my previous ex-and at some point there was this temptation to throw a pity party that I was single & right in that present time, just then I refused to entertain the idea and I poked my eyes to gaze at the ceiling of this ice cream shop. The couple soon followed suit and my sister Mel asked..."what are you looking at?"


"nothing, nothing" I replied.

"hah you look like a high school child with that bkpack" Kershen said "no lie"

"i know i know haha" I teased back, "just leave me be" Kershen was this Trinidad who actually was a previous manager to both Kershen and Mel. Holy Cow. Once again this interracial dating reminded back to me & my previous ex. *Flash fwd*


Eventually that car was sold to her, behind my parent's back and then she haha revamped the car (huge fender bender as well as the starter had to be replaced) that seemed the perfect thing to since she eventually switched over to triple 'A' Not just that the car ended up being 'Hello Kitty' themed.


Flashback to Feb 2012 throughout my high school career when admission decisions came and I got accepted to university of Florida for the summer of 2012. This then , went on-


"whooo HOO I GOT accepted into UF!" I exclaimed to my parental authorities


"That's GR8", my dad replied "Now you can marry a man from there"


"whut?" I said and just then My jaw dropped. I had worked so hard to get into my dream school, and here my dad downplayed implying that I can be a housewife and marry a man from there.


"What are you getting at?" I replied


*This was pivotal context because I had started dual-enrolling to broward college since the summer of my sophomore year- and broward college was alright I preferred to go out of school, but my parents didn't let me*


Flashback to today may 2017 and I'm studying for my test today in a couple of hours at central campus for my class at north campus and I see a herd of high schoolers patrolling the university libraries center of FAU davie and BC davie..I see Julissa Li from the blurred crowd and we both wave at each other.


WE exchange some words & then parted ways- I take seat in a table no far away from Miramar high schoolers embedded themselves from, and not far from Julissa


"please please please" I thought to myself towards Julissa "Don't go here, your bro, dad and mom are smart...don't go here"

I continued with that thought "this was my safety school, believe you me if my health didn't permit...I would be out of campus apartments at FAU now"

"There some perks that I gained like having the pleasure and privilege to serve alongside in a leadership role in Phi Alpha delta south campus" for purposes of pre-education/education majors. I was even fb admin for the fb page of phi alpha delta. "It's just Julissa serves better than that: and as for Broward college central gym, the staff and the people are ghetto as heck"



My previous ex also was in the teacher education program with me. And we both worked for broward county public schools as well


"Julissa whatever you do if you decide go here, please I urge you, let it be your current challenge or safety school"




There was this recent article that I have an  account in  -> https://admitted.ly/
where it talks about safety school are NOT bad. Its slightedly given me opportunities to build a support system. At least three people (have greatly impacted my Christian walk) due to our matching faiths. Praise him and in him alone (-:










-Ali Li

No comments:

Post a Comment