Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Nope..all is not fair in love and war..hashtag much? #anecdote


Flashback mode: 3..2...................1, GO!

I was in Kindergarten, and I was actually really awkward. And I happen to have like this optical impairment (not pink eye but the unusually swelling of that). I remember being happy that day that I got to take some absence in the day.

What also happened (I didn't wear spectacles till I was in seventh grade FUN fact) is that my mom has this mythological yet psychological use for simple-thinner than yarn-string is to tight on both hands on the middle finger. This on her end, would prevent me from seeing the optometrist. This would prevent from buying Western eye drops, and to possibly take other measures such as pills. And right then as 5 hours passed the pain subsided. But my mom's mission to take me to school wasn't. She always (well my dad too) stressed that education was a must, even when I was out sick. So literally one hour before dismissal in elementary school she does some mind-games (we will go to chuck n cheese mom?!?) and stuck me, strapped me using seatbelt on the back seat. As soon as the car approached school grounds this was my convo (best from what I remember) with mother and I



"Okay Alison, time for you to go to school" Mom had said-

"Mom? Why are we in front of the school?" I asked.

"School bell had not end: now go on-" Mom replied. What she meant was that school hours had not ended, yet she stood adamant that I go to school now-


We had gotten off the car (my mom brought my four year old sister) and again I was pleading to my mom

"Mommy I don't want to go, why do I need to" I asked, this time exasperatedly & this time I was tugging on my mom's shirt, my sister being curious, just started mirroring me and subtly mimicking me, and again the shirt was being tugged more and more out of place.

I just started tearing up (didn't I have some sort of eye problem to being with?) and without a moment's pause I got redirected to my very own kindergarten class/classroom.


"Well Alison: it's almost time for school to end, but off you go," says my Kindergarten teacher (I don't know how to spell her name-Mrs. Kaufman) & gestures me to the classmate crowd pool. My mom and sis said their goodbyes.



45 minutes later


School ends and I meet my mom-a stay at home working mother-at the parent pickup/drop off area & my mom has this huge grin widenening into this smile saying, "Hi Alison, you're done, all there is to it"

Grumpy five year old me just sulks and whatnot

And nope I didn't get to go to Chuck n cheese that day..

-THE END-



note: this post was solely for entertainment purposes

No comments:

Post a Comment